The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
CS/SB 616: Biomedical Research
GENERAL BILL by Governmental Oversight and Accountability ; Flores
Biomedical Research; Revising the number of years that the balance of an appropriation from the Biomedical Research Trust Fund may be carried forward following the effective date of the original appropriation; revising the terms of appointment for certain members of the Biomedical Research Advisory Council within the Department of Health; deleting a provision that subjects meetings of the council and peer review panels to public records and public meetings requirements; specifying the name of an affiliate chapter of the American Heart Association as it relates to the membership of the advisory council within the Florida Center for Universal Research to Eradicate Disease, etc.
Last Action: 3/6/2012 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 1856 (Ch. 2012-15), CS/HB 655 (Ch. 2012-20) -SJ 881
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Health Regulation (HR)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Budget Subcommittee on Health and Human Services Appropriations (BHA)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Health Regulation; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Budget -SJ 53
• On Committee agenda-- Health Regulation, 01/12/12, 10:15 am, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 53
• Favorable by Health Regulation; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 135
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 135
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 01/26/12, 3:45 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 260
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability read 1st time -SJ 285
• Now in Budget -SJ 260
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on Health and Human Services Appropriations -SJ 303
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on Health and Human Services Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on Health and Human Services Appropriations, 02/08/12, 3:45 pm, 110 Senate Office Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on Health and Human Services Appropriations, 02/09/12, 8:30 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Budget Subcommittee on Health and Human Services Appropriations; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 484
• Now in Budget -SJ 484
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 02/21/12, 3:45 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Budget; YEAS 21 NAYS 0 -SJ 671
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 671
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/12
• Read 2nd time -SJ 880
• Amendment(s) adopted (863690) -SJ 881
• Substituted CS/HB 655 -SJ 881
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 1856 (Ch. 2012-15), CS/HB 655 (Ch. 2012-20) -SJ 881
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.