HB 7: Water Management Districts
GENERAL BILL by Porter ; Pilon ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Caldwell ; Smith
Water Management Districts; Requires districts to include certain reservations & water bodies in priority lists & schedules; provides for adoption of certain reservations & minimum flows & levels by DEP; requires districts to provide certain information & support to DEP; requires districts to apply, without adopting by rule, certain reservations, minimum flows & levels, & recovery & prevention strategies; authorizes water management districts to enter into interagency agreements for resource management activities under specified conditions; exempts cooperative funding programs from rulemaking requirements; requires regional water supply authority & applicable district to jointly develop component of regional water supply plan.
Last Action: 4/30/2013 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 244 (Ch. 2013-229) -HJ 1009
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee; Rulemaking Oversight and Repeal Subcommittee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 20
• On Committee agenda-- Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee, 02/20/13, 9:00 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 155
• Now in Rulemaking Oversight and Repeal Subcommittee -HJ 155
• Introduced -HJ 20
• On Committee agenda-- Rulemaking Oversight and Repeal Subcommittee, 03/27/13, 10:30 am, 306 HOB
• Favorable by Rulemaking Oversight and Repeal Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 357
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 357
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 04/03/13, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 414
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 414
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/30/13
• Substituted SB 244 -HJ 1009
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 244 (Ch. 2013-229) -HJ 1009
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.