CS/HB 157: Delivery of Insurance Policies
GENERAL BILL by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Holder
Delivery of Insurance Policies; Authorizes insurer to electronically transmit insurance policy to insured or other person entitled to receive policy; provides exception to electronic transmission for specified policies; provides requirements for electronic transmission of policy; requires that paper copy of policy be provided upon request of insured or other person entitled to receive policy.
Last Action: 6/17/2013 - Chapter No. 2013-190
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 30
• Introduced -HJ 30
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 03/28/13, 8:00 am, 404 HOB
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 385
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 377
• Now in Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 402
• On Committee agenda-- Regulatory Affairs Committee, 04/16/13, 9:00 am, 404 HOB
• Favorable by- Regulatory Affairs Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 666
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 666
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/13
• Read 2nd time -HJ 714
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 814
• CS passed; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 814
• In Messages
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Commerce and Tourism; Rules -SJ 582
• Received -SJ 582
• Withdrawn from Banking and Insurance; Commerce and Tourism; Rules -SJ 724
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 724
• Substituted for CS/SB 262 -SJ 724
• Read 2nd time -SJ 724
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 796
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 796
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1027
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2013-190
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.