SB 356: Mutual Insurance Corporations
GENERAL BILL by Abruzzo
Mutual Insurance Corporations; Providing that such corporations include licensed mutual insurers as well as licensed stock insurers; providing that certain dividends or distributions by a not-for-profit insurance company to its mutual insurance holding company which meet certain requirements are permitted under provisions relating to stock and mutual insurers; amending definitions relating to mutual insurance holding companies to add provisions for not-for-profit insurance companies and nonprofit health care plans, etc.
Last Action: 6/10/2013 - Chapter No. 2013-125
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Commerce and Tourism (CM)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Commerce and Tourism -SJ 29
• Introduced -SJ 29
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/20/13, 3:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 239
• Now in Commerce and Tourism -SJ 239
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 04/01/13, 12:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 278
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 278
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/10/13
• Read 2nd time -SJ 389
• Amendment(s) adopted (577342, 655700) -SJ 389
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 391
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 444
• Passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 445
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 858
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/26/13
• Received -HJ 858
• Substituted for CS/HB 509 -HJ 904
• Read 2nd time -HJ 904
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 935
• Passed; YEAS 112 NAYS 0 -HJ 936
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 793
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2013-125
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.