SB 986: Requirements for Driver Licenses
GENERAL BILL by Soto
Requirements for Driver Licenses; Including notice of the approval of an application for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals status issued by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services as valid proof of identity for purposes of applying for a driver license, etc.
Last Action: 4/26/2013 Senate - Laid on Table -SJ 689
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Transportation (TR)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Transportation; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 70
• Introduced -SJ 70
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 03/14/13, 11:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Transportation; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 208
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 208
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/01/13, 3:15 pm, 110 Senate Office Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/08/13, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 363
• Now in Rules -SJ 363
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/17/13, 2:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -SJ 480
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 480
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/13
• Read 2nd time -SJ 603
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 689
• Substituted HB 235 (Vetoed by Governor) -SJ 689
• Laid on Table -SJ 689
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.