CS/SB 1108: Exceptional Student Education
GENERAL BILL by Education ; Gardiner ; Thrasher ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Ring ; Gaetz ; Abruzzo ; Bean ; Benacquisto ; Bradley ; Brandes ; Braynon ; Bullard ; Clemens ; Dean ; Detert ; Diaz de la Portilla ; Evers ; Flores ; Galvano ; Garcia ; Gibson ; Grimsley ; Hays ; Hukill ; Joyner ; Latvala ; Lee ; Legg ; Margolis ; Montford ; Negron ; Richter ; Sachs ; Simmons ; Simpson ; Smith ; Sobel ; Soto ; Stargel ; Thompson
Exceptional Student Education; Prohibiting certain actions with respect to parent meetings with school district personnel; requiring the use of parental consent forms for specified actions in a student’s individual education plan; encouraging the collaboration of public and private instructional personnel and providing requirements therefor; providing that a student with a disability be granted an extraordinary exemption from the administration of certain assessments under certain circumstances, etc.
- Education (ED)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 82
• Introduced -SJ 82
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/18/13, 3:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Education; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 240
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Education -SJ 240
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Education, 03/27/13, 9:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Education read 1st time -SJ 250
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 273
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 273
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/18/13, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 480
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 480
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/26/13
• Read 2nd time -SJ 703
• Amendment(s) adopted (573240) -SJ 704
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 705
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 734
• Amendment(s) adopted (964862) -SJ 734
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 735
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 976
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/30/13
• Received -HJ 976
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1013
• Substituted for CS/CS/CS/HB 465 -HJ 1013
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1046
• CS passed; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 1047
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 986
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2013-236
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.