CS/HB 943: Public Records
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Schwartz
Public Records; Creates exemption from public records requirements for records relating to settlement of claim on behalf of minor or ward; authorizes guardian ad litem, ward, minor, & minor's attorney to inspect guardianship reports & court records relating to settlement of claim on behalf of minor or ward, upon showing of good cause; authorizes court to direct disclosure & recording of amendment to report or court records relating to settlement of claim on behalf of ward or minor, in connection with real property or for other purposes; provides statement of public necessity; providing for contingent effect.
Last Action: 5/3/2013 Senate - Died in Children, Families, and Elder Affairs
Bill Text: PDF
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Government Operations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 96
• Introduced -HJ 95
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 03/13/13, 12:00 pm, 404 HOB
• Favorable by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 248
• Now in Government Operations Subcommittee -HJ 248
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Subcommittee, 03/27/13, 10:30 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Government Operations Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 358
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 358
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/03/13, 8:30 am, 404 HOB
• CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 415
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 412
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 433
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/11/13
• Read 2nd time -HJ 518
• Read 3rd time -HJ 518
• CS passed; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 518
• In Messages
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Judiciary; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 438
• Received -SJ 438
• Died in Children, Families, and Elder Affairs
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.