CS/CS/HB 633: Division of Insurance Agents & Agency Services
GENERAL BILL by Regulatory Affairs Committee ; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Ingram ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Rouson ; Van Zant
Division of Insurance Agents & Agency Services; Revises name of Division of Insurance Agents & Agency Services; revises original appointment & renewal fees related to certain insurance representatives; provides requirements relating to agents in charge; prohibits an insurance agency from conducting insurance business at certain locations; revises licensure requirements & penalties; revises requirements relating to applications for insurance agency licenses; revises scope of examination for limited agent; requires department to suspend certain licenses & appointments; revises prohibition against unlicensed transaction of life insurance; revises requirements for licensure of nonresident surplus lines agents; revises qualifications for approval as mediator; authorizes DFS to adopt rules; prohibits persons seeking to be licensed by division from denying or failing to acknowledge certain expunged or sealed records.
Last Action: 6/13/2014 - Chapter No. 2014-123, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 708 (Ch. 2014-86)
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 55
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 02/19/14, 1:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -HJ 160
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 151
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/04/14, 1:30 pm, Morris Hall
• Introduced -HJ 55
• Favorable by Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 205
• Now in Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 205
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 146
• On Committee agenda-- Regulatory Affairs Committee, 03/12/14, 1:00 pm, Sumner Hall -HJ 284
• CS/CS by- Regulatory Affairs Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 284
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Regulatory Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 281
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 292
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/26/14
• Read 2nd time -HJ 355
• Amendment(s) adopted (162283) -HJ 356
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 376
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 377
• In Messages
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations -SJ 377
• Received -SJ 377
• Withdrawn from Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations -SJ 568
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 568
• Substituted for CS/SB 1210 -SJ 569
• Read 2nd time -SJ 569
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 641
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 641
• Immediately certified -SJ 648
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 799
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-123, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 708 (Ch. 2014-86)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.