CS/CS/SB 708: Insurance Claims
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Banking and Insurance ; Bean
Insurance Claims; Providing that a claim for residential property insurance cannot be denied based on certain credit information; providing that a policy or contract may not be cancelled based on certain credit information; providing grounds for challenging an umpire’s impartiality in estimating the amount of a property loss; establishing a Homeowner Claims Bill of Rights for residential property insurance policyholders, etc.
Last Action: 6/13/2014 - Chapter No. 2014-86, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 633 (Ch. 2014-123)
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Appropriations -SJ 58
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 02/11/14, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -SJ 137
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 137
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/06/14, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building --Temporarily Postponed
• Introduced -SJ 58
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 130
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/13/14, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 262
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 262
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 264
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/14
• Read 2nd time -SJ 535
• Amendment(s) adopted (430392, 513494, 526846, 577132, 766328, 910896) -SJ 535
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 536
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 612
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 612
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 827
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/14
• Received -HJ 827
• Read 2nd time -HJ 851
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 743 -HJ 851
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 889
• CS passed; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 889
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 880
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-86, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 633 (Ch. 2014-123)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.