CS/HB 785: Workers' Compensation
GENERAL BILL by Regulatory Affairs Committee ; Albritton
Workers' Compensation; Providing that oral vitamins, nutrient preparations, dietary supplements, and certain medical food are not reimbursable; authorizing employers to negotiate the retrospectively rated premium with insurers under certain conditions; providing requirements for the filing and approval of such plans and associated forms; providing requirements for insurers engaging in the negotiation of premiums with eligible employers; providing construction with respect to the passage of similar legislation, etc.
Last Action: 6/13/2014 - Chapter No. 2014-131
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 67
• Introduced -HJ 67
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 03/11/14, 9:30 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 273
• Now in Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 273
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/18/14, 12:30 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 293
• Now in Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 293
• On Committee agenda-- Regulatory Affairs Committee, 03/27/14, 1:30 pm, Sumner Hall --Temporarily deferred
• On Committee agenda-- Regulatory Affairs Committee, 04/03/14, 8:30 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by- Regulatory Affairs Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 466
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Regulatory Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 463
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 475
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/21/14
• Read 2nd time -HJ 564
• Amendment(s) adopted (256013, 379631) -HJ 564
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 579
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 580
• In Messages
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Commerce and Tourism; Rules -SJ 526
• Received -SJ 526
• Withdrawn from Banking and Insurance; Commerce and Tourism; Rules -SJ 599
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 599
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 952 -SJ 599
• Read 2nd time -SJ 599
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 646
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 646
• Immediately certified -SJ 648
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 779
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2014-131
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.