CS/CS/HB 1109: Property Insurance
GENERAL BILL by Regulatory Affairs Committee ; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Wood
Property Insurance; Prohibits compensation, inducement, or reward from inspectors for referrals; providing applicability; requires Citizens Property Insurance Corporation's board to contract with DOAH to hear protests of corporation's decisions regarding purchase of commodities & contractual services & issue recommended order; requires board to take final action in public meeting; revises date for submitting annual loss ratio report for residential coverage; defines "surplus lines insurer"; authorizes eligible surplus lines insurers to participate in corporation's clearinghouse program & providing criteria for such eligibility; provides that certain applicants who accept offer from surplus lines insurer are considered renewal; repeals provisions relating to annual report requirement relating to aggregate net probable maximum losses; requires corporation to annually provide certain estimates for next 12-month period to Legislature & FSC.
Last Action: 4/29/2014 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 1672 (Ch. 2014-104) -HJ 876
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 93
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 204
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 03/25/14, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 388
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 384
• Original reference(s) removed: Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 404
• Now in Regulatory Affairs Committee -HJ 404
• On Committee agenda-- Regulatory Affairs Committee, 04/10/14, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS/CS by- Regulatory Affairs Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 1 -HJ 541
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Regulatory Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 535
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 545
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/24/14
• Temporarily postponed, on 2nd Reading -HJ 655
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/14
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 1672 (Ch. 2014-104) -HJ 876
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.