CS/CS/HB 147: Concrete Masonry Education
GENERAL BILL by Economic Affairs Committee ; Higher Education and Workforce Subcommittee ; Caldwell ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Ahern ; Albritton ; Artiles ; Baxley ; Beshears ; Boyd ; Campbell ; Combee ; Danish ; Davis ; Diaz, J. ; Diaz, M. ; Edwards ; Fitzenhagen ; Fresen ; Fullwood ; Gibbons ; Gonzalez ; Hager ; Harrell ; Mayfield ; McBurney ; Perry ; Peters ; Pilon ; Porter ; Raburn ; Raschein ; Raulerson ; Reed ; Rehwinkel Vasilinda ; Rodrigues, R. ; Rouson ; Santiago ; Smith ; Spano ; Steube ; Watson, C. ; Wood
Concrete Masonry Education; Creates Florida Concrete Masonry Education Council, Inc.; requires council to operate under written contract with DEO; provides powers & duties of council; provides restrictions; provides for appointment & terms of governing board of council; authorizes council to accept grants, donations, contributions, & gifts under certain circumstances; authorizes council to make payments to other organizations under certain circumstances; provides for collection of voluntary assessment on concrete masonry units; requires manufacturers who elect to pay assessment to commit to paying assessment for specified period; requires council to adopt bylaws; provides for adoption of bylaws & amendments to bylaws.
Last Action: 4/29/2014 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 286 (Ch. 2014-175) -HJ 841
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Higher Education and Workforce Subcommittee; Government Operations Subcommittee; Education Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 19
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Higher Education and Workforce Subcommittee, 03/05/14, 4:00 pm, Reed Hall
• Introduced -HJ 19
• CS by Higher Education and Workforce Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 204
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Higher Education and Workforce Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 202
• Original reference(s) removed: Government Operations Subcommittee; Education Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee
• CS referred to Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee; Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 215
• Now in Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 215
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/24/14, 12:30 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by Transportation and Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 345
• Now in Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 345
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Affairs Committee, 04/11/14, 8:00 am, Reed Hall
• CS/CS by- Economic Affairs Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 529
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Economic Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 526
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 540
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/14
• Substituted CS/CS/SB 286 -HJ 841
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 286 (Ch. 2014-175) -HJ 841
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.