SB 672: Educational Options
GENERAL BILL by Gaetz ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Hukill
Educational Options; Creating the “Florida Postsecondary Comprehensive Transition Program Act”; establishing student eligibility requirements for enrollment in the Florida Postsecondary Comprehensive Transition Program; establishing the Florida Center for Students with Unique Abilities; establishing a Florida Postsecondary Comprehensive Transition Program Scholarship for certain qualified students; authorizing certain school districts and charter schools to be eligible to receive incentive payments for implementing a standard student attire policy that meets certain criteria; changing the name of the “Florida Personal Learning Scholarship Account Program” to the “Gardiner Scholarship Program”, etc. APPROPRIATION: $95,336,000.00
Last Action: 1/21/2016 - Chapter No. 2016-2
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Appropriations -SJ 49
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 11/18/15, 2:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Education Pre-K - 12; YEAS 10 NAYS 1 -SJ 124
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 124
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 12/02/15, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 126
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 126
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/13/16
• Introduced -SJ 49
• Read 2nd time -SJ 165
• Amendment(s) adopted (888100) -SJ 166
• Read 3rd time -SJ 173
• Passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 173
• Immediately certified -SJ 179
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 199
• Received -HJ 198
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/14/16
• Substituted for HB 7011 -HJ 208
• Read 2nd time -HJ 208
• Read 3rd time -HJ 208
• Passed; YEAS 109 NAYS 1 -HJ 209
• Immediately certified -HJ 209
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 211
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -SJ 211
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2016-2
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.