CS/SB 966: Unclaimed Property
GENERAL BILL by Banking and Insurance ; Benacquisto ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Gaetz ; Brandes ; Negron ; Bean ; Hutson ; Richter ; Detert ; Simpson ; Simmons ; Hays ; Stargel ; Soto ; Bradley
Unclaimed Property; Revising a presumption of when funds held or owing under a matured or terminated life or endowment insurance policy or annuity contract are unclaimed; requiring an insurer to compare records of certain insurance policies, annuity contracts, and retained asset accounts against the United States Social Security Administration Death Master File or a certain database or service to determine whether a death is indicated and to update certain records; providing the circumstances under which a policy, a contract, or an account is deemed to be in force, etc.
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government (AGG)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; Appropriations -SJ 73
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 01/11/16, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• Introduced -SJ 73
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 01/19/16, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 238
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government -SJ 238
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 241
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government, 02/11/16, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on General Government; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 425
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 425
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/18/16, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -SJ 434
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 434
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/23/16
• Read 2nd time -SJ 472
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 490
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 490
• Immediately certified -SJ 494
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 689
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/04/16
• Received -HJ 689
• Substituted for CS/HB 1041 -HJ 815
• Read 2nd time -HJ 815
• Amendment(s) adopted (825195) -HJ 817
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 855
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 109 NAYS 0 -HJ 856
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (825195) -SJ 927, 928
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 928
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 928
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2016-219
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.