CS/HB 115: Dependent Children
GENERAL BILL by Civil Justice Subcommittee ; Sirois ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Altman ; Bell ; Eskamani ; Fetterhoff ; Killebrew ; Roth
Dependent Children; Specifies venue in proceedings for appointment of guardian for child or young adult who is under jurisdiction of dependency court; authorizes court to receive & consider information provided by Guardian ad Litem Program & child's attorney ad litem if child is under jurisdiction of dependency court; requires DJJ to notify specified entities & persons of intent to transfer dependent child from commitment facility or program; adds Guardian ad Litem Program as authorized entity to assist with transition-to-adulthood services.
Last Action: 4/10/2019 House - Laid on Table, refer to CS/SB 124 -HJ 602
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 31
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 03/06/19, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Introduced -HJ 31
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 381
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Justice Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 376
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 373
• On Committee agenda-- Justice Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/19/19, 3:30 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 479
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 479
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 03/28/19, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 551
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 551
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/10/19
• Substituted CS/SB 124 -HJ 602
• Laid on Table, refer to CS/SB 124 -HJ 602
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.