CS/HB 977: Public Accountancy
GENERAL BILL by Business and Professions Subcommittee ; Stevenson ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Andrade ; Caruso ; Plasencia ; Rodriguez, A. ; Rodriguez, A.M. ; Santiago ; Tomkow ; Willhite
Public Accountancy; Revises percentage of total hours of accounting-related & auditing-related continuing education required by Board of Accountancy for license renewal; updating provisions relating to license reactivation; prohibits person from performing or offering to perform certain services without license.
• Referred to Business and Professions Subcommittee; Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 99
• Introduced -HJ 99
• On Committee agenda-- Business and Professions Subcommittee, 03/26/19, 12:00 pm, Webster Hall
• CS by Business and Professions Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -HJ 523
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Business and Professions Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 516
• Original reference(s) removed: Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to Commerce Committee -HJ 544
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 544
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 04/04/19, 8:00 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -HJ 591
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 591
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/17/19
• Read 2nd time -HJ 694
• Read 3rd time -HJ 694
• CS passed; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 694
• In Messages
• Referred to Innovation, Industry, and Technology; Banking and Insurance; Rules -SJ 465
• Received -SJ 465
• Withdrawn from Innovation, Industry, and Technology; Banking and Insurance; Rules -SJ 790
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/SB 1252 -SJ 790
• Read 2nd time -SJ 790
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 879
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 879
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1324
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2019-89
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.