CS/CS/SB 7030: Implementation of Legislative Recommendations of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Commission
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Infrastructure and Security ; Education
Implementation of Legislative Recommendations of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Commission; Requiring sheriffs to establish a school guardian program or contract with another sheriff’s office that has established a program under a certain condition; requiring the Office of Safe Schools to annually provide training for specified personnel; requiring district school boards and school district superintendents to partner with security agencies to establish or assign safe-school officers; revising requirements for school district zero-tolerance policies; requiring the Florida Safe Schools Assessment Tool (FSSAT) to be the primary site security assessment tool for school districts, etc.
Last Action: 4/17/2019 Senate - Placed on 3rd reading
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Submitted for consideration by Education
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 02/12/19, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Submitted as Committee Bill and Reported Favorably by Education; YEAS 5 NAYS 3
• Referred to Infrastructure and Security; Appropriations -SJ 147
• Introduced -SJ 147
• On Committee agenda-- Infrastructure and Security, 03/20/19, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Infrastructure and Security, 03/26/19, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Infrastructure and Security; YEAS 5 NAYS 3 -SJ 283
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations
• CS by Infrastructure and Security read 1st time -SJ 301
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/11/19, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 11 NAYS 9 -SJ 349
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/17/19 -SJ 378
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 357
• Read 2nd time -SJ 364
• Amendment(s) adopted (684762) -SJ 377
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 377
• Placed on 3rd reading
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.