SB 7072: Justice System
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations
Justice System; Authorizing certain Supreme Court justices to have an appropriate facility in their district of residence designated as their official headquarters; increasing the number of circuit judges in certain judicial circuits; revising the circumstances under which an offense of retail theft constitutes a felony of the second or third degree, etc.
Last Action: 5/3/2019 Senate - Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 5011 (Ch. 2019-95), CS/HB 7125 (Ch. 2019-167)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Submitted for consideration by Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/07/19, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/14/19, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Submitted as Committee Bill and Reported Favorably by Appropriations; YEAS 21 NAYS 0
• Referred to Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 258
• Introduced -SJ 257
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 04/09/19, 1:30 pm, 37 Senate Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 349
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/18/19, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 379
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/01/19 -SJ 765
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 765
• Retained on Calendar
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 5011 (Ch. 2019-95), CS/HB 7125 (Ch. 2019-167)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.