CS/HB 831: Electronic Prescribing
GENERAL BILL by Health and Human Services Committee ; Mariano
Electronic Prescribing; Requiring certain health care practitioners to electronically generate and transmit prescriptions for medicinal drugs upon license renewal or by a specified date; authorizing the Department of Health, in consultation with the Board of Medicine, the Board of Osteopathic Medicine, the Board of Podiatric Medicine, the Board of Dentistry, the Board of Nursing, and the Board of Optometry, to adopt rules; revising the authority for electronic prescribing software to display information regarding a payor's formulary under certain circumstances, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2019 House - Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1143
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Health Quality Subcommittee; Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 87
• On Committee agenda-- Health Quality Subcommittee, 03/05/19, 1:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Introduced -HJ 87
• Favorable by Health Quality Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 1 -HJ 352
• Now in Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 352
• On Committee agenda-- Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/26/19, 12:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -HJ 537
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 537
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 04/03/19, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 12 NAYS 2 -HJ 583
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 582
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/10/19
• CS by Health and Human Services Committee read 1st time -HJ 580
• Read 2nd time -HJ 609
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 648
• CS passed; YEAS 111 NAYS 4 -HJ 649
• In Messages
• Referred to Health Policy; Rules -SJ 397
• Received -SJ 397
• Withdrawn from Health Policy; Rules -SJ 681
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 1192 -SJ 681
• Read 2nd time -SJ 681
• Amendment(s) adopted (161690) -SJ 681
• Read 3rd time -SJ 685
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 685
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (161690) -HJ 1139, 1142
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 104 NAYS 8 -HJ 1143
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1143
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.