CS/HB 1409: Pub. Rec./Records of Insurers/Department of Financial Services
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee ; Grant, M.
Pub. Rec./Records of Insurers/Department of Financial Services; Exempts from public records requirements certain records made or received by DFS acting as receiver pursuant to specified provisions; provides that such records comprise consumer personal financial & health information, certain underwriting files, insurer personnel & payroll records, consumer claim files, certain reports & documents submitted to OIR relating to insurer own-risk, corporate governance annual disclosures, & certain information received from NAIC or governments; provides retroactive applicability; provides for future legislative review & repeal of exemptions; provides statements of public necessity.
Last Action: 2/14/2020 House - Placed on Calendar -HJ 581
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 126
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 401
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 01/28/20, 3:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 463
• Now in Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee -HJ 463
• On Committee agenda-- Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee, 02/04/20, 3:30 pm, Morris Hall
• CS by Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 517
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 515
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 525
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 02/13/20, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 581
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 581
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.