CS/SB 658: Water and Wastewater Systems
GENERAL BILL by Innovation, Industry, and Technology ; Albritton
Water and Wastewater Systems; Requiring a municipality to charge customers receiving its utility services outside the municipal boundaries the same rates, fees, and charges as it charges customers within the municipality under certain circumstances; authorizing certain water and wastewater utilities to establish a rate base value by using the fair market value when acquiring a utility system; establishing a procedure to determine the fair market value; specifying the contents required for an application to the Public Service Commission for approval of the rate base value of the utility system, etc.
Last Action: 3/14/2020 Senate - Died in Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Innovation, Industry, and Technology; Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government; Appropriations -SJ 50
• Introduced -SJ 50
• On Committee agenda-- Innovation, Industry, and Technology, 02/10/20, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Innovation, Industry, and Technology, 02/17/20, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Innovation, Industry, and Technology; YEAS 9 NAYS 1 -SJ 325
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government
• CS by Innovation, Industry, and Technology read 1st time -SJ 327
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.