The Senate will convene, unilaterally, in Special Session on Monday, October 21-25, 2019, for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
2019-2020 General Appropriations Act
The balanced budget for fiscal year 2019-2020 increases K-12 education funding by $783 million, increases the total state investment in Hurricane Michael recovery to $1.8 billion, invests $686.8 million in water quality and protection, and replenishes reserves to $3.4 billion in total state reserves.
HB 7123 offers tax savings for families preparing for the upcoming Hurricane Season and the 2019-2020 School Year, lowers the business rent tax, and provides tax relief benefits for hurricane recovery.
Hurricane Michael Recovery
The 2019-2020 General Appropriations Act includes comprehensive long-term recovery funding that brings the total state investment in Hurricane Michael Recovery to $1.859 Billion.
2019 Bill Summaries
Summaries of bills that passed the Florida Legislature during the 2019 Legislative Session are available on the 2019 Bill Summaries page.
Interim Committee Meetings
The Interim Committee Meeting Schedule (PDF) is available. Weekly schedules and meeting notices will be posted prior to the meetings. The Regular Session convenes on Tuesday, January 14, 2020.
- President Galvano Appoints Byron Shinn to the Florida Cybersecurity Task Force October 11, 2019 - Press Release by President's Office
- President Galvano Appoints Senator Ben Albritton to the Southern States Energy Board October 11, 2019 - Press Release by President's Office
- Senator Janet Cruz Re-Filing Legislation to Inform Floridians of Potential Groundwater Contamination October 10, 2019 - Press Release by Senator Cruz
- The Mayfield Minute with Senator Debbie Mayfield (pdf) October 7, 2019 - Publication by Senator Mayfield
- South Florida Lawmakers File ‘Jaime’s Law’, Requiring Background Checks on Sales of Ammunition October 7, 2019 - Press Release by Senator Book
- President Galvano Appoints Donna Flanagan to the Alzheimer’s Disease Advisory Committee October 4, 2019 - Press Release by President's Office
- Berman Bulletin: October 2019 (pdf) October 3, 2019 - Publication by Senator Berman
- Rader Reader-October 2019 (pdf) October 2, 2019 - Publication by Senator Rader