The Senate will convene at 10:00 a.m., on Tuesday, April 23, 2019, or Upon the Call of the President.
2019-2020 General Appropriations Act
The Senate’s proposed budget increases K-12 education funding by $1.1 billion, increases the total state investment in Hurricane Michael recovery to $1.8 billion, invests $656 million in water quality and protection, and replenishes reserves to $3.4 billion in total state reserves.
Hurricane Michael Recovery
The Senate’s proposed budget includes comprehensive long-term recovery funding that brings the total state investment in Hurricane Michael Recovery to $1.8 Billion.
The 2019 Legislative Session
The 2019 Regular Session of the Florida Legislature began on Tuesday, March 5, and is scheduled to conclude on Friday, May 3.
2018 Florida Statutes
The 2018 Florida Statutes have been published and are now available online.
2018-2020 Senate Rules
On November 20, 2018, Senators unanimously adopted rules to govern the proceedings of Senate during the 2018-2020 Legislative Term.
- News You Can Use From Senator Audrey Gibson - Session in Review Week 7 (pdf) April 22, 2019 - Publication by Senator Gibson
- Senator Gary Farmer Statement on Excessive Use of Force by Broward County Sheriff’s Deputies April 22, 2019 - Press Release by Senator Farmer
- The Mayfield Minute: Session Week 6 with Senator Debbie Mayfield (pdf) April 15, 2019 - Publication by Senator Mayfield
- Senator Gayle Harrell to Hold Press Conference on Recent Hepatitis A Outbreak April 11, 2019 - Press Release by Senator Harrell
- 2019 Start of Session Newsletter (pdf) April 2, 2019 - Publication by Senator Rodriguez
- Senate Democrats Unite in Opposition to Sanctuary Cities Bill March 27, 2019 - Press Release by Minority Office
- Senate Democratic Leader Audrey Gibson Calls Amendment 4 Implementation Bill “Gamesmanship” March 25, 2019 - Press Release by Minority Office
- Senate Budget Prioritizes Education and Hurricane Recovery, $3.4 Billion Total Reserves March 22, 2019 - Press Release by President's Office