(1) Notwithstanding the provisions of s. 320.08053, the department shall develop a reduced dimensions specialty license plate for display on motorcycles.
(2) The department shall issue a specialty license plate to the owner or lessee of any motorcycle upon request and payment of the appropriate license taxes and fees.
(3) Each request must be made annually to the department, accompanied by the following taxes and fees: (a) The license tax required under s. 320.08. (b) A license plate fee as required by s. 320.06(1)(b).
(c) A processing fee of $2.
(d) A license plate annual use fee as required in subsection (4).
(4) A license plate annual use fee of $20 shall be collected for each motorcycle specialty license plate. Annual use fees shall be distributed as follows:
(a) Twenty percent to the Brain and Spinal Cord Injury Program Trust Fund.
(b) Twenty percent to Prevent Blindness Florida.
(c) Twenty percent to the Blind Services Foundation of Florida.
(d) Twenty percent to the Florida Association of Centers for Independent Living to support the James Patrick Memorial Work Incentive Personal Attendant Services and Employment Assistance Program pursuant to s. 413.402.
(e) Twenty percent to the Florida Association of Centers for Independent Living.
(5) If an owner or lessee to whom the department has issued a motorcycle specialty license plate acquires a replacement vehicle within the owner’s registration period, the department must authorize a transfer of the specialty license plate to the replacement vehicle in accordance with s. 320.0609. The annual use fee or processing fee may not be refunded.
(6) The license plate shall be 4 inches wide by 7 inches long and incorporate a red, white, and blue color scheme approved by the department and may bear the imprint of numerals from 1 to 999, inclusive, capital letters “A” through “Z,” or a combination thereof. The department shall determine the maximum number of characters, including numerals and letters. Motorcycle specialty license plates must be otherwise of the same material as standard license plates issued for any registration period. In small letters, the word “Florida” must appear at the top of the plate.
(7) The department may issue personalized prestige plates for license plates authorized in this section. Such plates shall be issued in accordance with applicable provisions contained in s. 320.0805.