2018 Florida Statutes
484.041 Definitions.—As used in this part, the term:
(1) “Board” means the Board of Hearing Aid Specialists.
(2) “Department” means the Department of Health.
(3) “Dispensing hearing aids” means and includes:
(a) Conducting and interpreting hearing tests for purposes of selecting suitable hearing aids, making earmolds or ear impressions, and providing appropriate counseling.
(b) All acts pertaining to the selling, renting, leasing, pricing, delivery, and warranty of hearing aids.
(4) “Hearing aid specialist” means a person duly licensed in this state to practice the dispensing of hearing aids.
(5) “Hearing aid” means an amplifying device to be worn by a hearing-impaired person to improve hearing.
(6) “Trainee” means a person studying hearing aid dispensing under the direct supervision of an active licensed hearing aid specialist for the purpose of qualifying for certification to sit for the licensure examination.
(7) “Hearing aid establishment” means any establishment in the state which offers, advertises, and performs hearing aid services for the general public.
(8) “Sponsor” means an active, licensed hearing aid specialist under whose direct supervision one or more trainees are studying hearing aid dispensing for the purpose of qualifying for certification to sit for the licensure examination.
History.—ss. 2, 18, ch. 83-153; ss. 1, 7, ch. 84-94; ss. 2, 19, 20, ch. 86-283; s. 1, ch. 87-47; s. 22, ch. 90-341; s. 11, ch. 90-345; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 179, ch. 94-218; s. 172, ch. 97-264.