Senator Harrell, District 25 — Press Release
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 19, 2016
MEDIA ADVISORY: President-Designate Negron’s State University System Listening Tour Day 3 - FPU, USF, NCF
Incoming Senate President to Hear from Students, Faculty and Administrators at all State Universities During 4-Day Statewide Tour
Senate President-Designate Joe Negron (R-Stuart) will visit Florida Polytechnic University, the University of South Florida and the New College of Florida, tomorrow, Wednesday, April 20, 2016, as part of his 4-day listening tour of Florida’s State University System. President-Designate Negron has invited his Senate colleagues to join him as he travels the state to hear directly from students, faculty and administrators at each of Florida’s 12 state universities.
STATE UNIVERSITY SYSTEM LISTENING TOUR: DAY #3
Florida Polytechnic University (Lakeland)
Time: 9:00a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
Starting Location: Innovation, Science and Technology Building (IST)
- Interactive of tour of the IST Building, specifically the RAD Maker Space, including discussions with students, administrators and faculty during the tour
- Presentations on key initiatives and open dialogue with students, senior faculty and administrators
(863) 874-8444 (w)
(813) 728-4294 (c)
University of South Florida (Tampa)
Time: 12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Starting Location: Interdisciplinary Sciences Teaching & Research Facility
- Interactive tour of the student innovator exhibit showcase stations, including open dialogue with students and faculty-mentors
- Board roundtable with senior administration and State University System Board of Governors officials, including presentations by Muma College of Business students
New College of Florida (Sarasota)
Time: 3:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Starting Location: Academic Center (ACE) in Koski Plaza
- Briefing and open dialogue with administrators, senior faculty, students and trustees with a focus on the Division of Humanities
- Briefing and open dialogue at the Center for Engagement and Opportunity (CEO) located in the Cook Library
- Interactive walking tour of campus
# # #