CS/SB 158: Student Financial Assistance [SPSC]
GENERAL BILL by Higher Education Appropriations ; Ring ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Gaetz
Student Financial Assistance [SPSC]; Creates the Sure Futures Scholarship Program. Provides for the Board of Governors of the State University System to administer the program. Provides eligibility criteria for participation in the program by students and sponsors. Requires that a participating student who graduates with an advanced degree remain employed by his or her sponsor in this state for a specified period, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2009 Senate - Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration; Died in Committee on Higher Education Appropriations
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Higher Education; Commerce; Finance and Tax; Higher Education Appropriations
• Introduced, referred to Higher Education; Commerce; Finance and Tax; Higher Education Appropriations -SJ 00014
• On Committee agenda-- Higher Education, 03/25/09, 10:15 am, 301-S
• CS by Higher Education; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 00251; CS read 1st time on 04/01/09 -SJ 00253
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Commerce -SJ 00251
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce, 04/06/09, 1:30 pm, 401-S
• Favorable by Commerce; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 00307
• Now in Finance and Tax -SJ 00308
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax, 04/15/09, 9:45 am, 301-S
• Favorable by Finance and Tax; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 00395; Now in Higher Education Appropriations -SJ 00395
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration; Died in Committee on Higher Education Appropriations
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.