SB 1458: Bribery or the Misuse of Public Office [SPSC]
GENERAL BILL by Gelber ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Smith ; Ring ; Hill ; Storms ; Wilson ; Villalobos ; Bullard ; Dockery
Bribery or the Misuse of Public Office [SPSC]; Redefines the term "public servant" to include a governmental agent for purposes of coverage by specified provision.
Last Action: 4/30/2010 Senate - Died in Committee on Ethics and Elections
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Ethics and Elections; Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations; Rules
• Introduced, referred to Criminal Justice; Ethics and Elections; Criminal and Civil Justice Appropriations; Rules -SJ 00104
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/18/10, 1:00 pm, 37-S
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 00278
• Now in Ethics and Elections -SJ 00278
• Died in Committee on Ethics and Elections
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.