CS/CS/HB 493: Tax on Sales, Use, & Other Transactions
GENERAL BILL by Economic Affairs Committee ; Finance and Tax Committee ; Brodeur ; Patronis ; Abruzzo ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Burgin ; Corcoran ; Ford ; Fresen ; Gaetz ; Ingram ; Julien ; Tobia
Tax on Sales, Use, & Other Transactions; Provides definitions relating to tourist development tax & tourist impact tax, transient rentals tax & convention development tax, & municipal resort tax; provides separate statement of tax requirements on various documents; revises requirements for charging, collecting, & remitting such taxes; authorizes DOR to compensate county governments for providing specified information; specifies payment amount; provides definitions relating to municipal resort tax; provides separate statement of tax requirements; provides exception; provides construction.
Last Action: 5/7/2011 Senate - Died in Community Affairs
Location: In committee/council (CA)
Bill Text: PDF
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax (BFT)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Economic Development and Tourism Subcommittee; Finance and Tax Committee; Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 47
• Introduced -HJ 47
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Development and Tourism Subcommittee, 03/22/11, 12:00 pm, 12 HOB
• Favorable by Economic Development and Tourism Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 3 -HJ 282
• Now in Finance and Tax Committee -HJ 282
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax Committee, 03/30/11, 2:15 pm, Morris Hall --Temporarily deferred
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax Committee, 04/05/11, 11:45 am, Morris Hall
• CS by Finance and Tax Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 8 -HJ 588
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 600
• CS by Finance and Tax Committee read 1st time -HJ 585
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Affairs Committee, 04/14/11, 9:00 am, Reed Hall
• CS/CS by- Economic Affairs Committee; YEAS 12 NAYS 6 -HJ 762
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Economic Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 758
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 766
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/28/11
• Read 2nd time -HJ 860
• Amendment(s) ruled out of order (590089) -HJ 861
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 976
• Amendment(s) failed (854081) -HJ 976
• CS passed; YEAS 77 NAYS 38 -HJ 977
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 1018
• Referred to Community Affairs; Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; Budget -SJ 1018
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Community Affairs
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.