HM 557: Parental Rights Amendment
MEMORIAL by Coley ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Adkins ; Baxley ; Boyd ; Brandes ; Burgin ; Caldwell ; Campbell ; Corcoran ; Costello ; Ford ; Fresen ; Gaetz ; Gonzalez ; Harrell ; Hooper ; Julien ; Kreegel ; Logan ; Mayfield ; McBurney ; Metz ; Moraitis ; Perry ; Pilon ; Plakon ; Porter ; Precourt ; Smith ; Snyder ; Stargel ; Steube ; Wood
Parental Rights Amendment; Urges Congress to propose to states for ratification amendment to U.S. Constitution relating to parental rights.
Location: Filed with Secretary of State
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Federal Affairs Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 51
• Introduced -HJ 51
• On Committee agenda-- Federal Affairs Subcommittee, 03/28/11, 12:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Federal Affairs Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 2 -HJ 341
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 341
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/07/11, 8:00 am, 404 HOB
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 1 -HJ 589
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 589
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/26/11
• Read 2nd time -HJ 790
• Adopted -HJ 791
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 1019
• Referred to Judiciary; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 1019
• Withdrawn from Judiciary; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 969
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for SM 954 -SJ 969
• Read 2nd time -SJ 969
• Adopted -SJ 970
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1218
• Signed by Officers and filed with Secretary of State
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.