CS/SB 1176: High School Athletic Trainers
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Ring
High School Athletic Trainers; Revises membership requirements for the Board of Athletic Training. Revises requirements for licensure by examination for athletic trainers. Requires certification requirements for license renewal. Revises continuing education requirements for licensure renewal. Encourages school districts to employ or contract with certified athletic trainers at certain high schools in this state. Requires athletic trainers to be certified by the Board of Certification of the National Athletic Trainers' Association, etc.
Last Action: 5/7/2011 Senate - Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 1319 (Ch. 2011-95)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education Pre-K - 12 (ED)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Judiciary; Budget -SJ 88
• Introduced -SJ 88
• On Committee agenda-- Education Pre-K - 12, 03/30/11, 1:30 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Education Pre-K - 12; YEAS 3 NAYS 0 -SJ 323
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 323
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/12/11, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 470
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Budget -SJ 470
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 04/25/11, 1:15 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Budget; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 469
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 469
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 482
• Placed on Consent Calendar, 05/03/11 --Removed from Calendar
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/03/11
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/04/11
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/05/11
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/06/11
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 1319 (Ch. 2011-95)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.