CS/CS/SB 1198: Communications Services Tax
GENERAL BILL by Budget ; Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities ; Bogdanoff
Communications Services Tax; Requires that a dealer compute the communications services tax based on a rounding algorithm. Provides options to the dealer for applying the rounding algorithm. Provides that a dealer may apply the rounding algorithm to the aggregate tax amount under certain conditions. Removes the provision requiring the Department of Revenue to make available tax amounts and applicable brackets. Provides that the act does not provide a basis for assessment of any tax not paid or create a right to certain refunds or credits, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2011 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 887 (Ch. 2011-120) -SJ 636
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities (CU)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities; Budget -SJ 89
• Introduced -SJ 89
• On Committee agenda-- Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities, 03/21/11, 10:15 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 236
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities read 1st time -SJ 257
• Now in Budget -SJ 236
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax -SJ 473
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax, 04/13/11, 9:15 am, 301 Senate Office Building --Not Considered
• Recalled from Budget Subcommittee on Finance and Tax -SJ 473
• Now in Budget
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 04/15/11, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Budget; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 471
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Remaining references corrected to Rules -SJ 503
• Now in Rules
• CS/CS by Budget read 1st time -SJ 483
• Withdrawn from Rules -SJ 568
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/02/11
• Read 2nd time -SJ 636
• Substituted CS/CS/CS/HB 887 -SJ 636
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 887 (Ch. 2011-120) -SJ 636
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.