CS/SB 1300: Juvenile Civil Citations
GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice ; Storms
Juvenile Civil Citations; Requires the DJJ to encourage and assist in the implementation and improvement of civil citation and similar diversionary programs. Requires that a juvenile civil citation and similar diversion program be established at the local level with the concurrence of the chief judge of the circuit and other designated persons. Authorizes a law enforcement agency, the DJJ, a juvenile assessment center, the county or municipality, or an entity selected by the county or municipality to operate the civil citation or similar diversion program, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2011 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 997 (Ch. 2011-124) -SJ 701
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Judiciary; Budget -SJ 96
• Introduced -SJ 96
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/22/11, 8:00 am, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 271
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 277
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 271
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/28/11, 3:15 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 299
• Now in Budget -SJ 299
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 04/13/11, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 04/14/11, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 04/15/11, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 04/25/11, 1:15 pm, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 04/26/11, 9:45 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Budget; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 541
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 541
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/11
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/02/11
• Read 2nd time -SJ 701
• Substituted CS/HB 997 -SJ 701
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 997 (Ch. 2011-124) -SJ 701
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.