CS/CS/SB 1502: Ad Valorem Tax Exemption/Deployed Servicemembers
GENERAL BILL by Budget ; Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security ; Simmons ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Dean ; Altman
Ad Valorem Tax Exemption/Deployed Servicemembers; Provides for certain servicemembers who receive a homestead exemption and who are deployed in certain military operations to receive an additional ad valorem tax exemption. Designates qualifying military operations. Requires that a servicemember apply to the property appraiser to receive the exemption in the year following the year of a qualifying deployment. Provides for application of the act to qualifying deployments in the 2010 calendar year, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2011 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1141 (Ch. 2011-93) -SJ 643
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security (MS)
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Community Affairs; Budget -SJ 170
• Introduced -SJ 170
• On Committee agenda-- Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security, 03/23/11, 3:15 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• CS by Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 300
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 300
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 04/04/11, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Military Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security read 1st time -SJ 302
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 322
• Now in Budget -SJ 322
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 04/14/11, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Budget; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 471
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 471
• CS/CS by Budget read 1st time -SJ 486
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/02/11 -SJ 614
• Read 2nd time -SJ 643
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 1141 -SJ 643
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1141 (Ch. 2011-93) -SJ 643
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.