HB 4081: Repeal of Obsolete Insurance Provisions
GENERAL BILL by Horner
Repeal of Obsolete Insurance Provisions; Deletes specified obsolete provisions of insurance law relating to transfer of funds from SBA to Citizens Property Insurance Corporation, Florida Automobile Joint Underwriting Association presuit notice, reporting of activities relating to sinkhole database, feasibility & cost-benefit study of Florida Sinkhole Insurance Facility & other matters related to affordability & availability of sinkhole insurance, & effective date for exclusion of windstorm & contents coverage.
Last Action: 4/27/2011 - Chapter No. 2011-11, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/SB 408 (Ch. 2011-39)
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 135
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 02/09/11, 9:00 am, 404 HOB
• Favorable by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 150
• Now in Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 150
• Introduced -HJ 134
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Affairs Committee, 03/10/11, 2:45 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Economic Affairs Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 217
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 217
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/24/11
• Read 2nd time -HJ 295
• Read 3rd time -HJ 296
• Passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 296
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 356
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Budget -SJ 356
• Withdrawn from Banking and Insurance; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Budget -SJ 361
• Substituted for SB 636 -SJ 361
• Read 2nd time -SJ 361
• Read 3rd time -SJ 361
• Passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 361
• Immediately certified -SJ 361
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 447
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -HJ 740
• Approved by Governor -HJ 838
• Chapter No. 2011-11, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/SB 408 (Ch. 2011-39)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.