CS/SB 670: Powers of Attorney
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Joyner
Powers of Attorney; Provides for a durable power of attorney. Specifies the qualifications for an agent. Provides requirements for the execution of a power of attorney. Provides for the validity of powers of attorney created by a certain date or in another jurisdiction. Provides for the validity of a military power of attorney. Provides for the validity of a photocopy or electronic copy of a power of attorney. Provides for the meaning and effectiveness of a power of attorney, etc.
- Judiciary (JU)
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Judiciary; Banking and Insurance; Rules -SJ 56
• Introduced -SJ 55
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/14/11, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 232
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 232
• Now in Banking and Insurance -SJ 232
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 03/29/11, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 308
• Now in Rules -SJ 308
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/05/11, 8:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 323
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 323
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/02/11
• Read 2nd time -SJ 634
• Amendment(s) adopted (170018, 211542, 619742) -SJ 635
• Read 3rd time -SJ 635
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 635
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 1012
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/03/11
• Received -HJ 1011
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1033
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1113
• CS passed; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 1113
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 851
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2011-210
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.