CS/SB 998: Property Rights
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Simmons ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Hays ; Thrasher ; Wise ; Bennett ; Alexander ; Dean ; Gaetz ; Evers ; Haridopolos ; Siplin
Property Rights; Redefines the terms "inordinate burden" and "inordinately burdened" as they relate to the Bert J. Harris, Jr., Private Property Rights Protection Act to specify that a moratorium on development in effect for longer than a specified period constitutes an inordinate burden. Revises the time within which a property owner who seeks compensation must present the claim in writing to the head of the governmental entity. Revises the time within which a governmental entity must make a written settlement offer to a claimant, etc.
Last Action: 4/27/2011 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 701 (Ch. 2011-191) -SJ 514
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Community Affairs; Judiciary; Budget -SJ 76
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/07/11, 3:15 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 117
• Introduced -SJ 76
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 117
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/28/11, 3:15 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 308
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 314
• Now in Budget
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 04/13/11, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Budget; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 469
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 469
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/27/11
• Read 2nd time -SJ 514
• Amendment(s) adopted (335852, 578214, 838082) -SJ 514
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 701 -SJ 514
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 701 (Ch. 2011-191) -SJ 514
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.