HB 307: Workers' Compensation Certificate-of-exemption Process
GENERAL BILL by Bernard ; Davis ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Campbell
Workers' Compensation Certificate-of-exemption Process; Redefines term "employee" for purposes of workers' compensation; revises requirements relating to election of exemption from coverage to include applicability to members of limited liability companies; revises requirements for submitting notice of election of exemption; revises duties of DFS relating to expiration of certificates of exemption; expands applicability of requirements relating to certificates of exemption.
Last Action: 3/9/2012 Senate - Died in returning Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 941 (Ch. 2012-213)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 31
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 11/16/11, 8:00 am, 404 HOB
• Favorable by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 1 -HJ 173
• Now in Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 173
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee, 12/06/11, 3:30 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Government Operations Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 175
• Now in Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 175
• Introduced -HJ 31
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Affairs Committee, 01/12/12, 11:30 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Economic Affairs Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 227
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 227
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/24/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 254
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 267
• Passed; YEAS 113 NAYS 2 -HJ 268
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 814
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Commerce and Tourism; Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations; Budget -SJ 814
• Withdrawn from Banking and Insurance; Commerce and Tourism; Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations; Budget -SJ 1066
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 1066
• Substituted for SB 676 -SJ 1066
• Read 2nd time -SJ 1066
• Amendment(s) adopted (247306, 487606) -SJ 1070
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1070
• Passed as amended; YEAS 36 NAYS 1 -SJ 1070
• In returning messages
• Amendment(s) to Senate amendment(s) adopted (484103, 766547) -HJ 1239
• Concurred in Senate amendment(s) as amended -HJ 1236
• Passed as amended; YEAS 97 NAYS 20 -HJ 1242
• In returning messages
• Died in returning Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 941 (Ch. 2012-213)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.