SB 676: Workers’ Compensation Certificate-of-exemption Process
GENERAL BILL by Smith
Workers’ Compensation Certificate-of-exemption Process; Revising requirements relating to election of exemption from coverage to include applicability to members of limited liability companies; revising requirements for submitting a notice of election of exemption; revising duties of the Department of Financial Services relating to the expiration of certificates of exemption; expanding applicability of requirements relating to certificates of exemption, etc.
Last Action: 3/8/2012 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 941 (Ch. 2012-213) -SJ 1066
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Commerce and Tourism (CM)
- Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations (BGA)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Commerce and Tourism; Budget -SJ 57
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 01/09/12, 3:15 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 110
• Now in Commerce and Tourism -SJ 110
• Introduced -SJ 57
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 01/19/12, 8:00 am, 401 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 01/26/12, 1:30 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 279
• Now in Budget -SJ 279
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations -SJ 282
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations, 02/28/12, 10:45 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 721
• Now in Budget -SJ 721
• Withdrawn from Budget -SJ 874
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 874
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/08/12
• Read 2nd time -SJ 1066
• Substituted HB 307 (Died in Senate returning Messages) -SJ 1066
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 941 (Ch. 2012-213) -SJ 1066
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.