HB 583: Murder of a Child 17 Years of Age or Younger
GENERAL BILL by Oliva ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Artiles ; Julien ; Trujillo
Murder of a Child 17 Years of Age or Younger; Provides for reclassification of specified murder offenses if committed upon child 17 years of age or younger; prohibits court from suspending, deferring, or withholding adjudication of guilt or imposition of sentence.
Last Action: 3/9/2012 House - Died in Judiciary Committee
Location: In committee/council (JDC)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 59
• Introduced -HJ 59
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 01/17/12, 8:30 am, 404 HOB
• Favorable by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 237
• Now in Justice Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 237
• On Committee agenda-- Justice Appropriations Subcommittee, 01/30/12, 2:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 320
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 320
• Died in Judiciary Committee
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.