CS/HB 1227: Certification of 911 Public Safety Telecommunicators
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Drake ; Passidomo ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Campbell ; Gonzalez ; Julien ; Weinstein ; Williams ; Williams, T.
Certification of 911 Public Safety Telecommunicators; Revises requirements for certification of 911 public safety telecommunicators; provides conditions under which requirement for certification as 911 public safety telecommunicator may be waived for certain law enforcement officers; provides for exemption from examination fee.
Last Action: 3/25/2012 - Chapter No. 2012-24
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 121
• Referred to Judiciary Committee; State Affairs Committee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 213
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 01/19/12, 9:00 am, 404 HOB
• CS by Judiciary Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 248
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 247
• CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 246
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 01/26/12, 10:30 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by State Affairs Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 299
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 300
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 02/07/12, 1:30 pm, 404 HOB
• Favorable by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 582
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 582
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/22/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 721
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 769
• CS passed; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 769
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 703
• Referred to Community Affairs -SJ 703
• Withdrawn from Community Affairs -SJ 730
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 730
• Substituted for CS/SB 514 -SJ 730
• Read 2nd time -SJ 730
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 767
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 767
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1060
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2012-24
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.