CS/SB 1230: OGSR/Public Records Exemption/Consumer Complaints and Inquiries
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Governmental Oversight and Accountability ; Banking and Insurance
OGSR/Public Records Exemption/Consumer Complaints and Inquiries; Amending a provision which provides a public records exemption for certain records relating to consumer complaints and inquiries regarding matters or activities regulated under the Florida Insurance Code or the Employee Assistance and Ombudsman Office within the Department of Financial Services; eliminating the scheduled repeal of the exemption under the Open Government Sunset Review Act, etc.
Last Action: 3/6/2012 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 7107 (Ch. 2012-225) -SJ 877
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
• SPB 7028 submitted as a committee bill (SB 1230) by Banking and Insurance
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Governmental Oversight and Accountability
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 01/19/12, 8:00 am, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• Introduced -SJ 136
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 01/26/12, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 279
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 279
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 02/16/12, 1:45 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by- Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 524
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 524
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability read 1st time -SJ 537
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/12
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/05/12
• Read 2nd time -SJ 789
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 877
• Substituted HB 7107 -SJ 877
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 7107 (Ch. 2012-225) -SJ 877
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.