CS/SB 1346: Property Insurance
GENERAL BILL by Budget ; Oelrich ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Lynn
Property Insurance; Providing for the calculation of an insurer’s reimbursement premium and retention under the reimbursement contract; revising coverage levels available under the reimbursement contract; reducing to 2 percent from 6 percent the amount of the projected deficit in the coastal account for the prior calendar year which is recovered through regular assessments; requiring that remaining projected deficits in personal and commercial lines accounts be recovered through emergency assessments after accounting for the Citizens policyholder surcharge, etc.
Last Action: 3/9/2012 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 1127 (Ch. 2012-80) -SJ 1671
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations (BGA)
- Budget (BC)
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Budget -SJ 145
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 01/19/12, 8:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 145
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 263
• Now in Budget -SJ 263
• Subreferred to Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations -SJ 268
• Now in Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations, 01/26/12, 8:30 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Budget Subcommittee on General Government Appropriations; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 279
• Now in Budget -SJ 279
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 03/02/12, 2:30 pm, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Budget, 03/03/12, 8:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Budget; YEAS 18 NAYS 2 -SJ 805
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 805
• CS by Budget read 1st time -SJ 808
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/09/12
• Read 2nd time -SJ 1155
• Amendment(s) adopted (134088, 282292) -SJ 1155, 1670
• Substituted HB 1127 -SJ 1671
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 1127 (Ch. 2012-80) -SJ 1671
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.