CS/HB 285: Sick Leave for School District Employees
GENERAL BILL by K-20 Competitiveness Subcommittee ; Harrell ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Campbell
Sick Leave for School District Employees; Authorizes district school system to provide policy allowing donation of accrued sick leave to district employee; provides standards for sick leave transfer policy.
Last Action: 4/29/2012 - Chapter No. 2012-166
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to K-20 Competitiveness Subcommittee; PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 30
• On Committee agenda-- K-20 Competitiveness Subcommittee, 12/07/11, 1:00 pm, Morris Hall
• CS by K-20 Competitiveness Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 178
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 169
• Introduced -HJ 30
• CS by K-20 Competitiveness Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 164
• On Committee agenda-- PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee, 01/31/12, 12:30 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 319
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 319
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 02/07/12, 1:30 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Education Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 572
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 572
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/15/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 621
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 637
• CS passed; YEAS 119 NAYS 0 -HJ 638
• In Messages
• Referred to Education Pre-K - 12; Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 679
• Received -SJ 679
• Withdrawn from Education Pre-K - 12; Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 696
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 696
• Substituted for CS/SB 874 -SJ 696
• Read 2nd time -SJ 696
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 716
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 717
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1059
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2012-166
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.