HB 5101: Prekindergarten through Grade 12 Education Funding
GENERAL BILL by PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee ; Coley
Prekindergarten through Grade 12 Education Funding; Deletes provisions that authorize DOE to provide equipment, funds, & other services to extend & update existing & proposed educational radio systems; deletes provisions that authorize DOE support & funding for public broadcasting program system educational radio stations; requires that any contract or employment agreement, or renewal or renegotiation of existing contract or employment agreement, entered into by school district with officer, agent, employee, or contractor which contains provision for severance pay include provisions in s. 215.425, F.S., relating to limitations on extra compensation, bonuses, & severance pay; revises provisions relating to calculation of total administrative fee for providing administrative & educational services to charter schools; requires that each school district having low-performing elementary schools use funds from supplemental academic instruction categorical fund, along with school district's research-based reading instruction allocation, to provide additional hour of instruction per day for intensive reading instruction.
Last Action: 4/22/2012 - Chapter No. 2012-133, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 5001 (Ch. 2012-118)
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 274
• Referred to Appropriations Committee -HJ 297
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 02/01/12, 11:00 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by- Appropriations Committee; YEAS 22 NAYS 0 -HJ 457
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 457
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/08/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 531
• Amendment(s) adopted (593947) -HJ 531
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 554
• Passed as amended; YEAS 80 NAYS 36 -HJ 554
• Requests that the Senate pass the bill as passed by the House or agree to conference -HJ 566
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 550
• Referred to Budget -SJ 550
• Withdrawn from Budget -SJ 588
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 588
• Substituted for SB 1972 -SJ 588
• Read 2nd time -SJ 588
• Amendment(s) adopted (907770) -SJ 589
• Read 3rd time -SJ 594
• Passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 594
• The Senate having refused to pass the bill as passed by the House, acceded to the request for a conference -SJ 602
• Immediately certified -SJ 594
• In returning messages
• Conference Committee appointed: Representatives Coley (Chair), Adkins, Clarke-Reed, Fresen, Gaetz, Hager, Kiar, Logan, Smith, Thompson, G. -HJ 899
• Conference Committee appointed: Budget Conference Committee on Budget/Appropriations: Alexander (Chair), Negron (Vice Chair), Bennett (At Large), Gaetz (At Large), Gardiner (At Large), Joyner (At Large), Rich (At Large), Thrasher (At Large); Budget Conference Committee on Criminal and Civil Justice/Justice: Bogdanoff (Chair), Evers, Smith, Storms; Budget Conference Committee on Education Pre-K - 12/PreK-12: Simmons (Chair), Detert, Gardiner, Montford, Ring; Budget Conference Committee on Finance and Tax: Norman (Chair), Alexander, Gaetz, Siplin; Budget Conference Committee on General Government/Government Operations: Hays (Chair), Braynon, Bullard, Diaz de la Portilla, Dockery, Jones, Thrasher; Budget Conference Committee on Health and Human Services/Health Care: Negron (Chair), Fasano, Flores, Garcia, Oelrich, Rich, Richter, Sobel; Budget Conference Committee on Higher Education/Higher Education: Lynn (Chair), Altman, Sachs, Siplin, Wise; Budget Conference Committee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development/Transportation and Economic Development: Benacquisto (Chair), Bennett, Dean, Gibson, Latvala, Margolis -SJ 704
• Conference Committee Report considered -HJ 1343
• Conference Committee Report adopted (555457) -HJ 1351
• Passed as amended by Conference Committee Report; YEAS 80 NAYS 38 -HJ 1351
• In returning messages
• Conference Committee Report received -SJ 1289
• Conference Committee Report adopted (555457) -SJ 1290
• Passed as amended by Conference Committee Report; YEAS 35 NAYS 4 -SJ 1297
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1716
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2012-133, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 5001 (Ch. 2012-118)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.