HB 7129: State Universities of Academic and Research Excellence and National Preeminence
GENERAL BILL by Education Committee ; Proctor ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Ahern ; Dorworth ; Plakon
State Universities of Academic and Research Excellence and National Preeminence; Establishes collaborative partnership between BOG & Legislature to elevate academic & research excellence & national preeminence of highest-performing state research universities; authorizes state research university that meets specified standards to establish student tuition & fees at differentiated & market rates; specifies requirements relating to debt service obligations; establishes procedures to obtain budget authorization for FY 2012-2013; establishes procedures for institutional legislative budget requests for tuition & fee increases; authorizes state universities of national preeminence to establish required courses for certain students.
Last Action: 5/9/2013 House - Veto Message transmitted to Secretary of State
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 795
• Referred to Appropriations Committee -HJ 833
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 02/28/12, 8:30 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by- Appropriations Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 5 -HJ 909
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 909
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/01/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 984
• Amendment(s) adopted (113839) -HJ 984
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1003
• Passed as amended; YEAS 85 NAYS 28 -HJ 1003
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 866
• Referred to Higher Education; Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations; Budget -SJ 866
• Withdrawn from Higher Education; Budget Subcommittee on Higher Education Appropriations; Budget -SJ 963
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 963
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 1752 -SJ 963
• Read 2nd time -SJ 963
• Read 3rd time -SJ 963
• Passed; YEAS 36 NAYS 3 -SJ 963
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1246
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Vetoed by Governor
• Veto Message received -HJ 9
• Veto Message transmitted to Secretary of State
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.