CS/CS/HB 787: Health Care Facilities
GENERAL BILL by Health and Human Services Committee ; Health and Human Services Quality Subcommittee ; Trujillo
Health Care Facilities; Requires that urgent care center publish & post schedule of charges; requires administrator to designate, in writing, for each licensed entity, qualified alternate administrator to serve during administrator's absence; revises requirements for becoming licensed as home health agency, home medical equipment provider, or health care clinic; requires at least one specialist in multispecialty practice to be board-eligible; requires AHCA to refer criminal acts regarding operation of clinical laboratory to local law enforcement agency; provides that health services administration or equivalent major satisfies education requirements for nursing home administrator applicants.
Last Action: 4/29/2012 - Chapter No. 2012-160
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Health and Human Services Quality Subcommittee; Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 77
• Introduced -HJ 77
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Quality Subcommittee, 01/31/12, 12:30 pm, Reed Hall
• CS by Health and Human Services Quality Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 322
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Health and Human Services Quality Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 314
• Original reference(s) removed: Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 451
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 451
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 02/16/12, 9:00 am, 404 HOB
• CS/CS by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 3 -HJ 685
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 682
• CS/CS by Health and Human Services Committee read 1st time -HJ 676
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/22/12
• Read 2nd time -HJ 703
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 754
• CS passed; YEAS 89 NAYS 23 -HJ 755
• In Messages
• Received -SJ 820
• Referred to Health Regulation; Budget Subcommittee on Health and Human Services Appropriations; Budget -SJ 820
• Withdrawn from Health Regulation; Budget Subcommittee on Health and Human Services Appropriations; Budget -SJ 1260
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 1260
• Substituted for CS/SB 1292 -SJ 1260
• Read 2nd time -SJ 1260
• Amendment(s) adopted (109490) -SJ 1260, 1426
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1426
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 28 NAYS 10 -SJ 1426
• In returning messages
• Was taken up -HJ 1698
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (109490) -HJ 1699
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 80 NAYS 33 -HJ 1711
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1711
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2012-160
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.