CS/CS/SB 134: Meetings of District School Boards
GENERAL BILL by Governmental Oversight and Accountability ; Education ; Ring
Meetings of District School Boards; Requiring district school boards to convene at least one regular meeting each quarter during a school year during the evening hours and to create written criteria for convening such a meeting; providing that a district school board is deemed to be in compliance under certain circumstances, etc.
- Education (ED)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
• Referred to Education; Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 15
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 02/19/13, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Education; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 114
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 114
• Introduced -SJ 15
• CS by Education read 1st time -SJ 106
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 03/14/13, 11:00 am, 412 Knott Building --Amendment Adopted -Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 03/21/13, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 9 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 241
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/27/13
• CS/CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability read 1st time -SJ 243
• Read 2nd time -SJ 266
• Amendment(s) adopted (830600) -SJ 266
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 266
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 306
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 1 -SJ 306
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 911
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/13
• Received -HJ 911
• Temporarily postponed, on 2nd Reading -HJ 961
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/30/13
• Temporarily postponed, on 2nd Reading -HJ 1019
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.