HB 761: State Speed Zones
GENERAL BILL by Caldwell ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Rooney
State Speed Zones; Specifies DOT authority to determine certain minimum speed limits; & revises maximum allowable speed limit on certain roadways under jurisdiction of DOT.
Last Action: 4/29/2014 House - Laid on Table -HJ 851
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Transportation and Highway Safety Subcommittee; Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 65
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Highway Safety Subcommittee, 03/04/14, 1:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• Introduced -HJ 65
• Favorable by Transportation and Highway Safety Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 1 -HJ 161
• Now in Economic Affairs Committee -HJ 161
• On Committee agenda-- Economic Affairs Committee, 04/11/14, 8:00 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Economic Affairs Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 3 -HJ 529
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 529
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/14
• Substituted SB 392 (Vetoed by Governor) -HJ 851
• Laid on Table -HJ 851
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.