CS/SB 1176: Divers
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Abruzzo
Divers; Defining the terms “divers-down buoy” and “divers-down symbol”; revising the definition of “divers-down flag”; revising the requirements of display signs in which diving occurs; prohibiting a divers-down buoy from being used or displayed onboard a vessel; requiring divers and vessel operators encountering divers-down buoys to take specified actions, etc.
Last Action: 4/23/2014 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 1049 (Ch. 2014-138) -SJ 537
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Environmental Preservation and Conservation (EP)
- Commerce and Tourism (CM)
- Judiciary (JU)
• Referred to Environmental Preservation and Conservation; Commerce and Tourism; Judiciary -SJ 94
• Introduced -SJ 94
• On Committee agenda-- Environmental Preservation and Conservation, 03/20/14, 8:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Environmental Preservation and Conservation; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 304
• Now in Commerce and Tourism -SJ 304
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 03/31/14, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 355
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 355
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 04/08/14, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by- Judiciary; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 460
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 463
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 460
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/23/14
• Read 2nd time -SJ 536
• Substituted HB 1049 -SJ 537
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 1049 (Ch. 2014-138) -SJ 537
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.